Food & Beverage Attendant (Casual) | Crowne Plaza Darling harbour
Marque de l'hôtel: Crowne Plaza
Lieu: Australie, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA22244
Opened on 1 October and located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD's commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel. Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips.
With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there's the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
A day in the life of an F & B Attendant will include:
- Working across multiple food and beverage operations – restaurant and bars, room service and banquets
- Preparing and serving food and drinks to high standards, highlighting promotions to guests and maximising up-selling opportunities
- Ensuring the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment including banquet spaces are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs and use ESCAP as required
- Working with and support your colleagues to offer seamless service to our guests
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience in a Food & Beverage/Restaurant & Bars related position is highly regarded
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food & Beverage related field preferred
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with bending and kneeling. Sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg) – we have the equipment to support you
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and priortise workloads
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.