Assistant aux événements
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Cardiff
Hotel: St. David's Cardiff (CWLCD), Havannah Street, CF10 5SD
Job number: 100137
voco® St David's Cardiff are looking for an Events Assistant to join our team in our Cardiff Bay 5 Start Hotel!!!
This is a Part Time role for 16 working hours per week
You will earn £10.00 per hour plus Service Charge!
NO zero-hour contracts! Our contracts come with GUARANTEED WEEKLY HOURS
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
We are looking for individuals to work on a part time basis in this fast paced and exciting environment. One day you might be doing a corporate meeting, a baby shower, a Christmas event or a wedding!
We want creative, adaptable, and energetic people to work in this varied department.
To succeed as an Events Assistant, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Previous experience as an event waiter/ bartender is preferential but not a deal breaker!
- Experience with working with customers in a busy environment
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
What’s in for you as an Events Assistant (just in case you need more persuading):
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world. Our Events Assistant enjoys a range of benefits including:
- £10.00 per hour (£20,800 full time) and monthly paid service charge!
- NO zero-hour contracts - Our contracts come with GUARANTEED WEEKLY HOURS
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
- Discounts from over 15,000 stores – all the way from retail to cinema
- Access to our fully funded Employee Healthcare Service 24-7 offering advice and support
- Don’t forget, bring your friends and take part in our generous ‘Refer a Friend’ programme!!
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through delivering high-quality food & beverages to all guests, this role is for you.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work, this role is for you.
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco® St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
Do you have what it takes to be our Events Assistant? Then please click ‘apply’ now!.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.