Director of Sales & Marketing - InterContinental San Antonio (Hotel Opening)
Lieu: États-Unis, Géorgie, Atlanta
Hôtel : Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: 115907
As Sales & Marketing Director you’ll develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
- Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance.
- Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively.
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability.
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquiree.
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employee
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field
- Four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Must speak local language(s)
- Other languages preferred
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.