Directeur de l'ingénierie
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Switzerland, Crans-Montana
Hotel: Crans Montana (SIRSS), Route des Telepheriques 60, 3963
Job number: 116701
As Director of Engineering, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Director of Engineering, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Engineering department including landscape and gardening, plant and equipment, technical work, carpentry, sustainability, fire and safety systems and a preventative maintenance program to provide exceptional products and services within brand operating standards.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Continually focus on improving maintenance and engineering practices to ensure the product remains in optimal order and in line with Six Senses wellness and sustainability practices.
- Ensure that rostering and manning are adequate to meet the requirements, plus organize external contractors as required.
- Instill a cost-focused philosophy through training and education.
- Technical skills that include the ability to analyze and design projects, conduct investigations and maintaining full knowledge of engineering-related products and services used in resorts.
- Establish and deliver pre-established financial returns related to revenue generation, profitability and ROIC.
- Operate the property consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
To execute the position of Director of Engineering, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
Possess some college or advanced vocational training and six years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction and supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, in either Mechanical or Electrical disciplines, and more than ten years’ experience in a similar hotel engineering role, preferred.
Professional certification and license if required by law.
Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields. Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
Fluent in English and French
EU passport holder required
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Director of Engineering at Six Senses Crans Montana. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses Crans Montana is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.