Banquet Manager | InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
Marque de l'hôtel: InterContinental Hotels
Emplacement: Australie, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Sydney
Hôtel: InterContinental - Sydney Double Bay (SYDIC)
Job number: EMEAA28517
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. InterContinental Sydney Double Bay is an exclusive address offering luxury and privacy at its finest, located in the leafy Eastern Suburbs village of Double Bay. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As the Banquet Manager, you’ll manage food and beverage event operations to ensure quality service and standards whilst delivering a memorable guest experience.
- Control departmental labor and expenses
- Provide input into the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the events department, communicate objectives, and schedule/assign work
- Ensure colleagues are trained and have the tools and equipment needed
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Build strong Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Kitchen, Housekeeping, Accounting, Maintenance and Guest Services
What we need from you
Minimum 2+ years in a similar events operations management role responsible for driving the execution of large events such as corporate conferences, weddings and events.
You will also possess the following attributes;
- Passion for creating exceptional customer moments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties
- Leadership experience managing and developing a team/s of food and beverage staff
- Good time management skills and an ability to prioritise and multi-task, especially when running multiple functions
- Strong team player with a results driven attitude.
- An immaculate presentation with an extremely keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.