Assistant Front Office Manager @ InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Marque de l'hôtel : InterContinental Hotels
Lieu : États-Unis, Californie, San Francisco
Hôtel : InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Numéro d'emploi : R190949
Discover San Francisco's historic charm at our InterContinental® Mark Hopkins San Francisco hotel, where modern luxuries meet the Bay area's golden, glamorous era. Find breathtaking views at our Nob Hill hotel, featuring opulent rooms with unique artwork, modern amenities, and an easy stroll to the area's top attractions. Discover panoramic views of the City while enjoying signature cocktails at Top of the Mark sky lounge, or let our Concierge Desk curate your personalized, unforgettable stay.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®, we own, operate and franchise more than 3000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired, and successful hotel company the world over.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Assistant Front Office Manager you’ll deliver this through assisting Rooms Managers in managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations). You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location
Your day to day
- Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards
- Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports
Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This job is the top Front Office job and may report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee a team
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business Administration, plus 2 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience
- Must speak fluent English
- Other languages preferred
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive pay and a benefit package which includes healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a matching 401k plan. Plus, hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.