Updates about the status of your application will be sent to you at the email address provided in your application, or shared directly by the recruiter supporting the role you have applied for.
IHG does not accept speculative applications, paper resumes nor those submitted via email. All applications to IHG must be received via our careers site.
IHG is a committed equal opportunities employer. Read our policy in full here:
The perpetrators often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The InterContinental Hotels Group name, the IHG name, logo, hotel brand logos or photographs of hotels are often featured on the documentation without IHG’s permission.
Here's a helpful resource to assist you in spotting Recruitment Scams:
If you become aware of a recruitment scam, whereby organisations and individuals have made false attempts to recruit on behalf of IHG then please contact email@example.com. Please note that IHG does not ask for any payments from candidates within the recruitment process, such as insurance policies, international mobility and work permits, etc.
IHG has been made aware of communications (principally email-based) from bogus employment agencies falsely claiming to recruit on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group and IHG-branded hotels to attract job applicants from overseas. To apply for legitimate IHG jobs, click the ‘Find A Job’ button at the top of the page. IHG discourages anyone from making unsolicited offers of employment claiming to be on behalf of IHG hotels or any other part of the InterContinental Hotels Group. If you have a question about the accuracy or legitimacy of any job offer or if you receive a fraudulent job offer or posting, please contact IHG’s Global Legal Intellectual Property Team at Trademarks@ihg.com.
Please read through the following technical requirements as this will often resolve the issue. If the issue persists please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include any error messages you have received and/or screenshots of the error to help us resolve your issue.
- Windows: Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Mac OS X 10.9 and above
- Windows / PC
- Internet Explorer (IE): versions 7 through 11
- Chrome: version 37 and greater
- Firefox: version 32 and greater
- Safari 7 or 8
If you wish to delete your profile please email email@example.com . This mailbox is for technical related questions only. Please be aware that if you delete your application, it will be removed from any vacancies for which you are being considered.
We do not accept job applications under this email address and will not comment or respond to applications made via this route. All applications for all roles must be made via our careers site.
If you’re experiencing issues with uploading your CV/resume, please kindly upload your file in any of the following formats to avoid any technical restrictions we’ve set within our recruitment system:
- Word Perfect (.wpd)
- Text (.txt)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- Hypertext Markup Language (.htm and .html)
- Word (.doc and .docx)
- Portal Document Format (.pdf)
- Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
Click ‘Apply’ at the top right hand side of the page then select the tab ‘My Profile Page’ to locate the job title to which you applied. Under the job title within your profile, you will see ‘Submission Status’. This indicates the current status of your application and the most recent date that the status was updated.
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP COMPANIES (“Company,” “we,” “our” or “us”)
California Applicant Privacy Notice
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE: In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (”CCPA”), we are providing this Applicant Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) to describe the personal information that we collect about job applicants (”Applicants”). For California residents, we may provide you with additional notices about our data collection practices that are covered by other laws (e.g., if we conduct a background check or extend an employment offer), as this Notice is limited to covering the requirements of the CCPA.
SCOPE OF THIS NOTICE: This Notice applies to the personal information that we collect from and about Applicants, in the context of reviewing, assessing, considering, managing, storing or processing their applications or otherwise considering them for a position with us.
What is personal information? In this Notice, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular [individual / California resident] or household.
Are our practices the same for all Applicants? The categories of personal information we collect and our use of personal information may vary depending upon the position(s) or location, as well as the associated qualifications and responsibilities. The information in this Notice is intended to provide an overall description of our collection and use of personal information about Applicants.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED: Generally, we may collect the following categories of personal information (as set forth in the CCPA) about Applicants:
- Name, Contact Info and other Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, and genetic information.
- Usage Data: internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, as well as physical and network access logs and other network activity information related to your use of any company device, network or other information resource.
- Geolocation Data: precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
- Audio/Visual Data: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as, CCTV images and photographs, and audio recordings (e.g., recorded meetings).
- Employment History: professional or employment-related information.
- Education Information: information about education history or background that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Profiles and Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a resident reflecting the resident’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING AND USING PERSONAL INFORMATION: Generally, we may use the above categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- Management of Job Applications, Recruiting and Hiring. To review, assess, recruit, consider or otherwise manage applicants, candidates and job applications, including:
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Identifying candidates, including by working with external recruiters
- Reviewing, assessing and verifying information provided, to conduct criminal and background checks, and to otherwise screen or evaluate Applicants’ qualifications, suitability and relevant characteristics
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and compensation matters
- Satisfying legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicating with Applicants regarding their applications and about other similar position(s) for which they may be interested
- Maintaining Applicant personal information for future consideration
- In support of our equal opportunity employment policy and practices
- Security and Monitoring. In order to monitor and secure our resources, network, premises and assets, including:
- Monitoring for, preventing and investigating suspected or alleged misconduct or violations of work rules
- Monitoring for, preventing investigating, and responding to security and privacy incidents
- Providing and managing access to physical and technical access controls
- Monitoring activities, access and use to ensure the security and functioning of our systems and assets
- Securing our offices, premises and physical assets, including through the use of electronic access systems and video monitoring
- Auditing, reporting corporate governance, and internal operations. Relating to financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations, and for other internal business purposes such as administration of our records retention program.
- M&A and Other Business Transactions. For purposes of planning, due diligence and implementation of commercial transactions, for example mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization or other similar business transactions.
- Defending and Protecting Rights. In order to protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties, including to manage and respond to employee and other legal disputes, to respond to legal claims or disputes, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, or the rights, interests, health or safety of others, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Compliance with Applicable Legal Obligations. Relating to compliance with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility, responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews and reporting relating to such legal obligations, including under employment and labor laws and regulations, Social security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions and guidance.
CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS NOTICE: If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of personal information as described in this Notice, please contact PrivacyOffice@ihg.com .
How do I apply for a vacancy at IHG?
We hope you’ve found everything you’re looking for and you’re enjoying your visit with us. We’ve tried to anticipate any further questions you may have by thinking about what people have asked in the past. We hope we’ve covered your query below.
Other questions surrounding your application to IHG
If you continue to experience technical issues which are not covered within this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is for technical related questions when using careers.ihg.com.
Hints & tips for your application
1 Your CV is your calling card and the first time we meet you. Here’s how can you sound as good on paper as you are in person:
2 Your cover letter will be our first introduction to you. So the last thing you want to do is make a bad impression. Here are few tips to help you:
3 Even when you’re applying virtually, you’ll want it to be a complete success. These are the best ways to confirm your reservation in the interview room:
4 When you meet us in person, you’ll want to be at your absolute best. Follow these simple steps and you’ll on the right track to impress:
5 Even if you don’t make it this time, you’ll have come too far not to make the most of what you’ve learned. Here’s how to fight dejection in the case of rejection: