Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Saudi Arabia, Eastern, Al Khobar
Número de trabajo: EMEAA28333
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
• Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
• Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
• Train colleagues to make sure they achieve hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively
• Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
• Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
• Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed • Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
• Achieve all personal/department’s sales goals and maximize profitability
• Prepare the annual budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
• Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
• Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
• Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
• Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel
• Provide guests with information through resort collateral (for example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
• Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
• Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests
• Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
• Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel • Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities .
• Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
• Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquiree
• Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
• Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done Accountability This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employees
What we need from you
• Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Sales, Marketing or related field
• Four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
• Strong knowledge of local businesse and business trends required.
• Previous experience working in five- star luxury hotels and resorts
What we offer
We will reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you will become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.