Lead Engineer IT Software Support (Remote)
Marca del hotel: IHG Corporate
Ubicación: estados unidos, georgia
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Número de trabajo: R201271
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Lead Engineer IT Software Support role has the primary responsibility of leading, advising, and coaching a team of software developers and support roles. The Lead Engineer IT Software Support is an execution-focused leader within a team, providing leadership, technical guidance, and workflow management daily. The Lead Engineer IT Software Support triage's complex problems escalated from junior team members, explains procedures, and coaches the team members through the escalation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical solutions for complex problems for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging, and documenting software, including interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high-level logic for application system(s).
- Develop strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Leads proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Provide expertise in conducting project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to governance, standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Facilitate the design, development, and implementation of real-time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Implement complex programs and lead/coordinate project/program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Diagnoses complex problems and leads/coordinates cross-team collaboration to resolve them.
- Provide reports on project development status to software engineering management and other key stakeholders.
- Analyzes the stability and health of our systems/environment utilizing monitoring tools and may be required to produce reports.
- Leads system upgrades and complex break/fix solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert in focus area(s) and acts as a lead role for both onshore and offshore vendor/supplier development teams
What we need from you
What we need from you
- Typically, a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
- Experience working with a set of geographically dispersed teams and bringing a holistic view of development projects
Technical skills and Knowledge
Extensive knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines are required:
- Systems applications including but not limited to: - JAVA, J2EE, OO, XML, Web Services, SQL, Fuse, JDK, and hands-on coding is a must.
- Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, ETL tools a must
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong knowledge in addition to experience in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Ability to display effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the software engineering team's knowledge of the customer's business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
Nice to have
- Cloud experience (AWS, GCP) specifically
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.