Part Time - Room Attendant (MFWAK)
Hotel Marca: Military
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Alaska, Fort Wainwright
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express Wainwright (MFWAK), Bldg 3402 Santiago Ave., 99703
Job number: 103697
We need people like you to make a difference and create exceptional experiences every single day. Don’t just join a growing team of 370,000 colleagues across 100 countries. Let your passion shine. Innovate and collaborate around the world. Embrace your ambition. Let’s Go Further Together.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognized and respected – whatever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last-minute work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example.
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed.
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed.
- Be organized - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimize waste.
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May have turndown duties.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Experiences
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important.
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects.
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Literacy skills - reading, writing and basic math skills.
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
What we offer -
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.