Manager, Mainstream PIP
Marca del hotel:
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Texas, Dallas
Hotel: Estados Unidos remoto (IHGHQ)
Job number: R204708
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
***Candidates must reside in the state of Texas and be able to travel 75%+ throughout the year***
Co-project manage, along with Manager Design & Plan Review, an assigned territory of franchised Property Improvement Plan (PIP) renovation projects. Serve as recognized architectural, interior design, and construction expert for a segment of mainstream or premium and luxury IHG brand hotels. Manager, Property Improvements will focus primary responsibilities on PIP discipline as assigned per hiring manager.
PIP Responsibilities –
Responsibilities include managing all on-site PIP renovation design and construction activities to ensure compliance or non-compliance with franchise License Agreement, including conformance with any associated PIP, Plan Review and FF&E submittals, and brand standards, including life safety and ADA requirements. Provide design, construction expertise and assistance to IHG franchisees and their assigned design team members through all phases of their PIP projects, including working out design / construction solutions as project field conditions arise, thus ensuring timely and successful completion of projects. Highly proficient Project Management of an assigned portfolio of projects, providing timely and relevant updates in the project database to support accurate reporting deliverables as well as project accountability equally across the entire portfolio.
May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities. From time to time provide feedback to management and brand on product related issues / recommendations for improvements.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Conduct product assessment visits for existing hotel product (including conversion hotels into the IHG system) seeking to License or re-License an IHG franchise agreement. Inspection includes a thorough walk of the hotel assessing the hotel’s architecture and design for appropriateness in today’s market, condition of current product, alignment with brand design expectations, and conformance to brand and life safety standards and building codes. Produce a comprehensive PIP narrative document that lists in detail the PIP renovation requirements, which after its completion, will help drive increased Guest Love hotel scores as well as revenues.
- Deliver effective Project Management of an assigned territory to ensure that all construction/renovation milestones are monitored on a pro-active basis and that information is communicated to the NHOP, Plan Review, Quality, and franchise support teams to expedite openings or enforcement.
- Provide timely written follow-up (reports, letters, and emails) associated with all site visits and other forms of communication or agreements with Licensee and their assigned representatives. Manage project database of executed projects for content and accuracy of input for assigned projects.
- Conduct and manage onsite design and PIP scope meetings with ownership and all ensuing onsite renovation activities over a 12-24 month period to ensure hotel compliance with the PIP, including its timely completion and conformance to approved plans, brand standards and building codes.
- Manage own yearly assigned travel budget. Consultant must reconcile expenses on a monthly basis.
- Proactively work with the Development team and ownership prior to taking a deal to Franchise Approval Committee (FAC) to work through scope of work, design issues, and renovation timelines to better improve success rate for FAC approval and License execution of PIP renovations.
- Act as first level of appeal to franchisee/owner PIP waiver requests and timeline extension requests. Negotiate PIP issues and work out all project details to set the scope of work and its timeline for completion. Work out viable plans and strategies, where possible, to get hotels through the PIP process in a timely manner.
- Consult with franchisees and design professionals to assist in the development of construction schedules for Property Improvement Plan (PIP) projects.
- Periodically perform special Property Improvement Plan inspections. Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Lead the enforcement of SRD program and/or brand design philosophy compliance.
- Owner Relations – Consultant must develop good franchisee/owner relations offering assistance as needed within reason. Consultant is expected to offer design solutions to problems and be ready to recommend known design professionals to assist franchisee upon request or as consultant feels necessary.
What we need from you
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. AIA or ASID certifications preferred.
8+ years progressive work-related experience in project management, interior design, architecture, or construction management, with at least two years prior experience in hotel industry renovation or new build projects. Must have two years prior project management experience in order to coordinate renovation projects within a given territory.
Technical Skills & Knowledge –
- Demonstrate project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing complex, large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, Design teams, senior management and IHG Internal Partners. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a position, and to clearly explain specific requirements for active projects.
- Demonstrate computer skills. Experience with Bluebeam, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Word, and Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of brand standards and full understanding of the differences in the various brand standards. Demonstrate a clear understanding of ADA requirements and Company Life Safety Requirements. Must maintain a working knowledge of all requirements described in each brand standards manual.
- Demonstrate ability to read construction documents including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings.
- Demonstrate ability to remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design through participating in annual continuing education classes.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize project details and manage time usage to track active renovation, and conversion properties, and to determine if plans have been submitted and if construction is being completed in a timely manner. Must make immediate time available to return telephone calls and work with franchisees when problems arise regarding project development, Brand standards or vendor-related issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national building codes, ADA requirements and Life Safety codes.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.