Houseperson (Full Time) - InterContinental Houston
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Hotel: Houston (HOUIT), 6750 Main Street, 77030
Job number: 101386
Do you see yourself as a Houseperson?
What's your passion?
Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Revel in modern design paired with unrivaled hospitality in the heart of the Texas Medical Center at the InterContinental Houston. Adjacent to the world’s largest medical center, our hotel provides easy access to the city's top attractions with METRORail, which is within walking distance of the property. Discover Houston's fine dining, renowned international arts, and famous Museum District. Stay with Confidence in the world's first hotel with the IVP Air Filtration System.
Your day to day may include:
Assist room attendants on assigned floors; collect dirty linens and transport to laundry area, deliver fresh linens to room attendant carts throughout the day. May assist with stripping linens from room and/or the cleaning of public areas. Deliver and retrieve items requested by guests and housekeeping staff.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guests’ requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, cots, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- May collect newspaper and other items for recycling.
- Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens. Deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants.
- Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors.
- Remove all dirty linen from assigned Room Attendants’ carts and closets and transport to laundry.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor, remove non-floor closet items and store in appropriate areas.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak the local language preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling items up to 300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reading assignments and completing checklists.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What you get in return:
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.