Head Chef (PreOpening) - Holiday Inn Dandenong
Marca del hotel: Holiday Inn
Ubicación: Australia, Victoria, Dandenong
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Dandenong (MELDG)
Job number: EMEAA34391
Travelis a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn Dandenong is located in the heart of Dandenong, just 40 minutes from Melbourne CBD and conveniently located in the centre of the retail precinct. Our full service hotel has a range of fresh and bright facilities to make your time with us extra comfortable while you explore all that Regional Victoria has to offer.
Your day to day
There is a reason PreOpening leadership opportunities are so exciting, and this Head Chef role is no different. This is the chance for you to assemble your kitchen brigade from scratch, define and create the culinary culture and map out out the food service offering you want to deliver from day 1 of operation!
Naturally we are looking for a kitchen leader who is as passionate about Food Hygiene standards, compliance with safety training, audits and effective cost management as they are about nurturing the talent of the kitchen team.
Our Head Chef will be comfortable in running a busy kitchen servicing our Restaurant and Bar, Conference facilities and In Room Dining. They will have a keen eye for detail and a strong understanding of menu engineering and workforce management. But what they are really passionate about is sharing their time and knowledge with their team members - demonstrating how to deliver sustainable and locally sourced food product in a way that celebrates the region.
What we need from you
Our ideal Kitchen Leader will have a few experiences and skills under their belt..
- Preferably 5 years’ experience at a head chef or sous level for at least 3 years with broad cuisine experience and 2 years in a leadership/supervisory capacity
- Minimum degree or vocational certificate in Culinary Skills
- Passion for food and customer service, including awareness and active interest of current consumer trends
- Proven experience leading, developing and motivating an energetic team with a key eye on talent creating a positive team culture.
- Those that are hands on with their approach to leadership will do well in this role
- Working with a la carte, banquet and buffet styles is essential; Knowledge of emerging hospitality trends
- Ability to work under pressure whilst being organised, optimistic and effective in fast-paced situations
- Experience in menu design of modern and enticing menu offerings including creative banqueting options
- Working with financials, budgets and actively managing food cost whilst minimising food waste
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP and related policies and procedures
- The flexibility to work various shifts on a rotating roster including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restriction
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.