Guest Relations Supervisor / Manager - German Speaking
Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Hotel: Kitalay Samui (USMKM), Choengmon Beach, XXX
Job number: 100864
Welcome to the Kimpton family. Now that you are part of our family, let’s explain the role you will play.
Our mission is to be the best loved Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position we look for individuals to join our family who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guests, colleagues, owners and communities.
WHAT WILL I ACTUALLY BE DOING?
Our hotel is only as good as the people it employs, that’s why we picked you. You’re passionate, focused and driven about making every guest’s experience ‘ridiculously personal’, making their stay unforgettable, in all the right ways.
You've proven you can succeed in a fast-paced, guest-focused, no two days the same environment, and we will offer you plenty of opportunities to find your niche and grow. You’ve told us you are approachable and flexible, so working in a role where making the right impression is key, is certainly perfect for you.
This person must have a commitment and passion for ensuring the best in guest services and creating a welcoming first impression and lasting farewell.
- Manages the Villa Curators, Guest Relation officer team, interviews, trains, and schedules the staff (Roster). Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed
- You will be in charge guest relations with a strong focus on our German speaking guests. You must be fluent in Germany, and ideally, you also speak Thai or at least have some basic knowledge. Fluent English would be an expectation as well.
- Coordinates and liaises with various departments to ensure the hotel provides highest level guest experiences
- Prepares management reports
- Personally, inspects VIP and Special Attention guestrooms and ensures readiness for a perfect arrival experience
- Meets and greets arriving and departing guests; Provides genuine hospitality and recognition, acts as host/ hostess
- Acts as point of contact for in-house guests and local customers; provides individual assistance and accurate information
- Maintains high visibility in the lobby, front desk area, hotel outlet and provides assistance to our guests in a pro-active way
- Resolves guest concerns and complaints speedily and efficiently; ensures complete guest satisfaction, protects the reputation of the hotel and the company
- Keeps management informed of guest and staff related incidents; represents senior management in their absence
- Ensures areas under supervision are perfectly maintained; conducts routine inspections of public areas and guest rooms; takes proactive steps to rectify any shortcomings
- Maintains a strong network of useful contacts in the service industry. Works with Service Experience Supervisor and Service Excellence Team on a Global Level to learn from each other’s successes and failures to develop a consistent product company wide
- Screens next day movements for special instructions to various departments
- Ensures pending follow up action is communicated to the next shift
- Coordinates and manages the day-to-day operations; ensure the Angel of the Day, VIP / applicable guest recognition programs are fully adhered to and running smoothly within the Hotel
- Assists with responsibilities in the absence of or due to heavy volume in the areas of the Bell Staff, Guest Services, and lobby coverage
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management and is also able to work in all shifts
- Works closely with Bell Staff to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries, and special requests
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and direct superior
- Inspect and coordinate with Housekeeping, Room Service teams that VIP, IHG Rewards program rooms are ready for guest
- Prepare in getting all the information for VIP, IHG Rewards program on next day guest arrival list. (SAG list)
- Supervise the team and give regular feedback. (Performance Review, Disciplinary Action, Approve days off etc
- Manage the messages and emails for the guests and ensure they are delivered safely.
- Manage the services for the guests such as valets, check-out procedures, luggage handling, pick and drop services, etc efficiently
- Monitor and reward performance in a team to support achievement of results.
- Respond to any questions, needs and desires of guests, and follow up with guests to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A focused individual with passion, personality, individuality, integrity, creativity and drive for continuous improvement. Sound familiar?
It should do – it’s you!
You’re thinking.... “I love it, it’s the perfect job for me to start my career with the Kimpton family” so once again; welcome to the family, and now we just need you to sign up.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.