Group Sales Coordinator - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Job number: 101172
Do you see yourself as a Sales Coordinator? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Coordinate services for clients and in-house guest and provide administrative and sales support for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some College preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click ""Apply"" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.