Finance Executive (Accounts Receivable) at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Marca hotelera: voco
Ubicación: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco ™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA28942
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
- Ensure the timely billing of accounts and adherence to the hotel’s credit policy
- Maintains a filing system for accounts receivable records
- Balance daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system
- Handle correspondence and queries regarding city ledger accounts
- Reviews city ledger daily for correct postings of charges and take corrective action where necessary
- Reviews Daily High Balance Report and Handle over credit accounts with related departments.
- Reconcile all accounts and maintain the batch register and balance daily to general ledger
- At month end write off over dues after department and guaranteed no show accounts
- Prepare and input journals for transfer between debtor accounts
- Liaise with guests and appropriate personnel (FO Cashier/Reservation sales Agent) to ensure special account arrangements are in line with guest requirements
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with guests and other departments in matters concerning issuance of credit, follow up outstanding accounts and assisting with credit requirements.
- Attend all internal or external meetings in order to avoid any future discrepancies on billing.
- Collection Record Sheet should be up dated with remarks for every call made.
- May assist with other duties as needed.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Accounting, Finance
- 1-2 years of experience in hotel accounting or a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred.
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.