EAM I/C of Food and Beverages
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Mauritius, Balaclava
Hotel: Resort Mauritius (MRUMA), Balaclava Fort, Coastal Road
Job number: 117431
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Direct the implementation of the Food & Beverage operational strategy in line with the management direction and guidelines and ensuring a sophisticated, unique guest experience.
- Contribute to the preparation of the property’s budget and monitor the financial performance of the R + B versus the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Plan, direct and monitor services and F&B standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary in adherence to IHG policies and standards.
- Monitor closely the profitability of all F&B outlets to provide solutions to improve performance and direct in implementing corrective measures.
- Monitor the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and identify and act on opportunities to modernize equipment, service methods, and product presentation so that guest satisfaction is improved continuously, and the competitive advantage of the hotel is sustained.
- Ensure all F&B colleagues adhere to uniform and grooming standards, and that hygiene standards are relentlessly enforced to demonstrate a professional image consistent with the Intercontinental Brand.
- Manage the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual goals, managing performance, developing staff, and providing formal and informal feedback to maximize overall performance and team motivation while continuing to deploy resources effectively for growth and further strengthening the employee value proposition.
- Motivate the Team and identify opportunities for participating in change initiatives, programs and projects considering international best practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Experience as Director of Food & Beverage role within luxury and lifestyle hotels
- Operated and managed a team of 150 plus F & B Personnel
- Highly adaptable with ability to lead
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Highly adaptable with ability to lead and direct changes
- Ability to articulate strategic plans with contemporary and authentic dinning concepts
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English – (French language would be an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in progressively more responsible F&B operations roles within the international hospitality sector, 5 years of which leading F&B Operations within a market leading hotel brand. You should have Western working experience and possess a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business, or any relevant field from an accredited and renowned University.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.