Door Person (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Australia, Nueva Gales del Sur, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA34197
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel, as part of our Concierge team with full-time Door Person positions available.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Your day to day
As our talented Door Person, you will provide a warm welcome that begins a memorable experience for our guests to the sincere farewell on departure; you are well and truly the heart of our hotel.
This is an active front of house role where you will have the ability to interact and effectively communicate with a wide range of guests with confidence and smoothly handle any issues as they arise. Your passion matched with your knowledge of the hotel and the surrounding area will assist in the smooth running of our team and ensure meaningful service is consistently delivered.
This is a busy and varied guest facing roles with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your personal presentation and ability to take ownership and resolve any issue or request which will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
Our Concierge team is supportive and will provide plenty of training, mentoring and coaching opportunities for you to excel in these roles.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
- Ability to work in guest facing role, you enjoy working with the public and in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury Hotel experience
- Ability to lift, push and pull large objects up to 23kgs
- Valid unrestricted Driver’s License is required
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
- Experience in a similar role within Hotel or Guest Service is preferred but not essential
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Flexible work options to ensure balance and well being
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.