Marca del hotel: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Ubicación: Qatar, Doha
Hotel: Doha - El Parque Empresarial (DOHCP), Carretera del aeropuerto, PO Box 22080
Job number: 119835
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there are countless opportunities at your fingertips. We’re growing; grow with us. Conveniently located in the heart of one of Doha's key business districts, close to major banks, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is just a 15-minute drive by car or complimentary shuttle from Doha's Hamad International Airport and near such attractions as Museum of Islamic Arts and Souk Waqif. Our 378 stylish guestrooms and suites at Crowne Plaza and 307 well-appointed guestrooms at Holiday Inn are all equipped with modern amenities designed for comfort and high-speed wireless internet access to stay connected.
• Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes, and preparation techniques
• Assist in the preparation and production of a variety of pastries, cakes, bread, and other desserts, following established recipes and techniques
• To ensure that daily food preparations meet outline recipes including portion size, quantity, and quality
• To assist the Pastry Chef in the creation of desserts, afternoon tea, and bread
• To assist in the decoration of pastries, including piping, glazing, and garnishing
• Support Chef de Partie or Demi Chef de Partie in the daily operation and work
• Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
• Keep the work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
• Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage, and cost control
• Control food stock and food cost in his section
• Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
• Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
What we need from you:
• Previous experience in a pastry or bakery
• Strong knowledge of different pastry techniques, including dough preparation, baking, and decorating
• Basic understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately.
• A passion for learning and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong teamwork and communication skills.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.