Assistant Manager - Bars (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Australia, Nueva Gales del Sur, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Número de trabajo: EMEAA33196
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
In the lead up to the completion of our multi-million dollar refurbishment, we are looking for a talented, passionate and experienced bar leader to join our ever-growing team. In collaboration with our design and concept partner, Proof & Co, our two distinct destination venues will be Sydney’s contribution to the canon of the world’s best bars in the heritage backdrop of the iconic InterContinental Sydney.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel as Assistant Manager - Bars.
Your day to day
In the lead up to the completion of our multi-million dollar refurbishment, we are looking for talented, passionate and experienced bar leaders to join our preopening team. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join one of the most exciting new bar projects within Sydney’s most iconic luxury hotel.
Heading up the project is Behzad Vaziri, Director of Bars who is positioning our 2 bar venues as the ultimate luxury experience in Sydney.
You will be super passionate about all things bars, thrive on providing outstanding customer service and enjoys working in an upbeat and dynamic working environment.
Along with creating the most luxurious exceptional guest experiences, you will be responsible for supporting the Bar Manager in the operations, including rostering, stock take, team training, floor supervision and labour costs. You will play a key role in the launch and position of our venues supporting our team while providing exceptional service to all guests.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
- You will have extensive knowledge of wines, beers, cocktails, and current beverage trends
- Masterful mixology, with extensive knowledge of wine and exceptional knowledge and passion for cocktails is essential
- Computer literacy competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and POS systems
- A natural flair for service and in delivering a strong luxury service culture, with a natural ability to motivate and develop your team
- Previous preopening experience would be great
- Awesome people person and ability to inspire a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have full working rights in Australia
What we offer
Reporting to the Bar Manager, as part of the preopening leadership team you will play a critical hands on role in bringing to life our comprehensive bars program and launch of this truly unique and luxury bar experience in Australia.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that support you throughout your IHG career journey
- Supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- Free meal on shift
- Paid birthday leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.