Assistant Chief Engineer - InterContinental Singapore
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore (SINHB), 80 Middle Road, 188966
Job number: 101037
- Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of engineering support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
- Ensure the effective financial management of the maintenance department by setting maintenance budgets, capital works programme, engineering plans and ensuring that performance against these is regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Take responsibility for the general cost control aspects of maintenance, the preparation of departmental cost budgets and their implementation and submission to management.
- Ensure the effective operation of all the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventative maintenance programme. Closely monitor the condition of the physical property and equipment by conducting continual inspections of the building. Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are in operation and regularly upgraded.
- Work with superiors in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties include:
- Assisting in co-ordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget
- Assisting in monitoring and controlling departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Assist the DOE or CE on all the engineering related jobs as described, but not limited to the following (including in the case of any pre-opening of hotels):
- Plan, implement and administer an energy-management programme by establishing energy-reduction objectives, the maintenance of records and regular reporting of performance against these objective.
- Ensure staff awareness of energy management within the property by conducting regular education and training programmes on energy conservation and matters related to efficient operation of equipment in a cost-effective fashion
- Contribute to the hotel’s profitability by ensuring the effective management of the building's environmental controls and energy-conservation systems. Evaluate, control and record energy usage and implement and upgrade energy conservation systems
- Ensure the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contracts by close supervision. Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with contracts, leases, services agreements and warranties
- Contribute to the effectiveness of management decision-making by representing the maintenance department at management meetings and staff meetings and by ensuring regular liaison with heads of other departments
- Report daily via the log book to the DOE any irregularities during the ACE's shift and the steps taken to rectify the problems highlighted
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Degree either in one of the trades of electrical/electronic/mechanical/refrigeration and air conditioning plus five years' experience in related work, including one year in a supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years of Facility management or Hotel Facility Work Experience
- Great communication skills
- Motivator & Self Starter
- Team Player
- Commitment to Professional Values & Ethics
- People Oriented
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
WHAT WE OFFER
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.