Reservation Coordinator - InterContinental Boston
Marca del hotel: InterContinental
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: Boston (BOSHA), 510 Atlantic Avenue, 02210
Job number: 115517
Do you see yourself as a Reservations Coordinator? What's your passion? Whether you're into sky diving, dining outdoors, or dog walking, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
Coordinate the reservations and requests. Assist with coordinating reservations for small groups as needed. Monitor general reservations email inbox/office phone and handle related requests and changes accordingly. Monitor and balance daily guest room inventory.
- Rooms Control & Hotel Inventory Management – Monitor and Balance guest room inventory in Property Management and Reservation Systems regarding current & future availability to ensure proper room types and rates are available for booking. Work closely and coordinate with Front Office, Reservations and Sales to maintain inventory systems.
- Coordinate all reservations for local negotiated and corporate business travel accounts. Duties including quoting rates, BT and Consortia reservations, arranging billing/payment, changing/adjusting existing reservations, upgrading guests, overselling as needed, adding reservation notes to provide relevant data, and coordinating with other departments as needed to provide important reservation information as specified in contract.
- Monitor the InterContinental Boston Reservations general email inbox and Reservations Office phone. Respond to guest requests and questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Confirm commission payments daily. Investigate any travel agent requests regarding unpaid commissions and send relevant documentation to the accounting department for payment processing.
- Run daily reports such as Cancellations, No-Shows, Arrivals, Reservations Made Yesterday, and others.
- Review transient reservations for accuracy. Update notes, comments, and alerts to ensure proper departmental notification. Ensure Payment and Routing are properly set up for billing accuracy.
- Maintain positive working relationships with corporate clients, VIP, frequent guests and colleagues.
- Review and Maintain 3rd Party Reservations (Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, etc.) for accuracy. Ensure correct guest count, rate and payment method. Monitor related 3rd Party extranets/websites for guest questions/comments/feedback and update the reservations and respond accordingly. Follow up with 3rd Party regarding any payment or billing concerns.
- Assist Group Reservations with small groups/events.
- Prepare for assigned group’s arrival, prepare group history, billing information, deposits, filing, VIP information, correspondence, etc.; interact with booking contacts as needed. Correctly record group rooms and revenue in the property management system.
- Process assigned group reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, e-mail, mail, internally and through travel planners/corporations. Enter and/or modify group block in system to ensure inventory, stay dates, cancellation policy, deposit requirement, and booking procedure are reflected correctly.
- Create and update group block notes to provide relevant data pertaining to all group reservations and coordinate with other departments as needed to provide group reservation information and group needs as specified in contract.
- Provide and maintain reports and records of assigned groups during stay and after departure and follow up on any group inquiries.
- Monitor and Utilize Passkey Group Reservation Tool and other as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions, current facilities, services, hours of operation, etc.
- Attend pre-meeting planning meetings or conferences as needed or requested.
- Respond to guest concerns or complaints. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Associate degree and one year of experience as a front desk agent, reservations coordinator or relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Speak and listening usually while sitting
- Use a keyboard to type in reservation information
- Location: On-site
- Proper communications skills are used significantly when interacting with clients, guests and team members.
- Reading and writing abilities are needed to review and process contracts, guest reservations and daily reports.
- Basic mathematical skills are used.
- Knowledge of Outlook and Word are required. Knowledge of Opera PMS is preferred.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We offer a competitive financial and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. We offer complimentary dry cleaning and employee meals. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.