Night Manager / MOD (191639)
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: InterContinental - Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH)
Job number: R203001
InterContinental Buckhead is one of Atlanta’s established Mobil Four Star luxury properties located in the heart of the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is a stately and sophisticated hotel that offers premier travel experience with 422 guest rooms, 31,000 square feet of flexible event space including our lavish ballrooms which can host up to 850 guests for a seated dinner and 1500 for a convention, conference or reception. Enjoy local Italian Steakhouse-inspired cuisine at the AMERICANO RESTAURANT & BAR, by Scott Conant - Celebrity Chef, serving lunch and dinner. Meet friends and colleagues at AMERICANO Bar and sip your way through our many handcrafted cocktails & craft bourbons. Or enjoy a workout in our fitness center or a swim in our outdoor saltwater pool. Pamper yourself in our newly-renovated InterContinental Spa at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta where we combine our expertise in growing and crafting pure and effective skin care with holistic therapies from around the world.
Disclaimer: Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Your day to day
- Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Assist in maintaining procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy; process welcome amenity (deposits).
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up selling at the front desk.
- Complete daily checklist; perform balance inventory on Opera/Holidex/OXI, review & follow up discrepancies on with Paperless Audit, check and sign off on Management Bundles and respond to Social Media Review in multiple platforms such Tripadvisor, Booking.com , Priceline, Google.
- Review and process LCU (commissions due to TPI) and ADR/Occ IHG Rewards Reimbursement.
- Meet set KPO targets for Check in, Check out, Problem Resolution, and IHG Rewards Recognition etc. Track GSA performance and metrics.
- Review and Reconcile Nor1 and GURU (maintain top 3 status)
- Manage supply order and inventory
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage (On Track).
- Interview and recommend hiring for potential candidate for front office/uniformed services positions and the go- to trainer for new hires when not training with FOM.
- Lead and train the team in guest engagement, handling and resolving issues through hands on, one on one discussion, addressing behaviors or guest issues/interactions in a timely manner with the team. Actively seek feedback from the team and enforce the I-Lead way. Effectively communicate the goals with the team and create action plans on how to achieve them. Be proactive and practice professionalism, foster positivity and can-do attitude at all times.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties, including but not limited to systems, security, cash handling procedures and service and quality standards. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments – Accounting, Sales, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
- Review and submit time edits and incentive pays for payroll and ensure that the staff is able to take their breaks on time.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Act as the Loyalty Champion and Inspiration Maker for the hotel, attending monthly calls and sharing with the team any inspiring moments or relevant information from the call. Training the team as IHG updates.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel. Attend monthly safety meetings or make sure the department is represented.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
What we need from you
This job is the second in command to the Front Office Manager at a full-service hotel or at a regional extended-stay hotel. May report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee subordinate supervisors.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, or equivalent of 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
What we offer
In return we will offer you a competitive benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans. IND
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.