IT Manager InterContinental Budapest
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Hungary, Budapest, Budapest
Job number: EMEAA20910
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As IT Manager you’ll ensure our computers are installed properly, working efficiently and that system security measures are in place. You’ll also install new systems to improve hotel always following standards and guidelines and make sure your teams have the tools and resources they need to work well.
- As primary contact for servicing the computer hardware you’ll manage and monitor all computer hardware and make systems are installed properly and working efficiently
- Keep up to date with all approved systems and technology
- Maintain uncompromising data and physical security standards
- Control security for computer room and ensures that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the security specification as described in the security system
- Ensure all hotel policies and information security comply with standards
- Investigate and report software problems to the vendor, or to the Support Centre
- Establish documents, test and communicates appropriate disaster recovery emergency procedures to follow when the hotel computer system(s) are inoperable
- Select suitable Software/Hardware vendors for the hotel
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all IT related items meets the various Audit requirements
- Ensure all hotels IT Systems are under appropriate maintenance contract and have routine heath check and repair schedule
- Evaluate and assess life cycle of all technology related solutions and assets and provide adequate advice to refresh the hardware/software. Ensures all necessary settings are properly configured on the computing systems, hardware and servers
- Inspects the Network performance and redo the network design if necessary to meet the hotel operation needs
- Take preventive measures to foresee, identify and analyse the potential system performance issues
- Ensure all cabling, network diagrams and LSOP are up-to-date
- Ensure hotel management get an accurate fixed asset budget and departmental operating budget that reflects requirements from the expected IT and endorsed by the hotel management team
- Assists in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals program, and Departmental Budgets
What we need from you
- College / University Diploma
- 4 years’ related experience including at least 2 years work experience in an international work environment
- At least 3 years leadership experience
- Working knowledge of the following systems: Active Directory, Server 2012-2016, Hyper-V, Failover Cluster Manager, SCCM, Office 365, Backup Exec/Veeam saving solutions, Cisco Meraki
- Knowledge in PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Fluent written and oral language skills in English and Hungarian
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking and able to work under pressure
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.