Housekeeping Manager- Hotel Indigo LES
Marca del hotel: Hotel Indigo
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Nueva York, Nueva York
Hotel: Indigo - Lower East Side New York (NYCOS)
Job number: R202677
Do you see yourself as Housekeeping Manager for our trendy Hotel Indigo Lower East Side Manhattan property? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
- Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
- Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
- Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
· Manage inventory, inventory levels, and other expenses based on analysis of budgetary impact, demand, and other factors.
· Interact with outside contacts:
o Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Plan and lead team meetings to provide coaching around new procedures, policies, and areas of need, as well as pre-shift meetings to review information pertinent to the day’s activities.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments, including Front Office, Guest Relations, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage
· May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
· Monitor guest complaints and special requests, and ensure action is taken to achieve satisfaction.
· Manage the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department, including regularly directing and overseeing the work of two or more full-time housekeeping employees.
· Develop, communicate, and enforce department policies and procedures.
· Plan, schedule, organize, and oversee work to ensure proper coverage, timely completion, and satisfactory performance.
· Schedule routine inspections of guest rooms and public areas, coach employees on deficiencies, and provide corrective action where appropriate.
· Serve as “manager on duty” as required.
· May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus management or supervisory experience and four years’ housekeeping/laundry experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.