Director de Limpieza
Marca de hotel: Hoteles InterContinentales
Ubicación: Reino Unido, Escocia, Edimburgo
Hotel: Intercontinental - Edimburgo The George (EDIGS)
Job number: R186213
InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for a Housekeeping Manager to join there 5* team.
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the InterContinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
Our Housekeeping Manager supports our Cluster Executive Head Housekeeper with the effective and efficient running of the housekeeping team, with direct accountability for defined processes within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
Housekeeping Manager’s communicates both internally within the Housekeeping team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation monitoring all VIP Stays ensuring we deliver with the InterContinental flair.
Working as a Housekeeping Manager you will ensure all team members are trained and maintaining IHG way of Clean, you will manage the day today team with the support of the Executive Head Housekeeper, you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what’s in for you:
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package
- Up to 22,000 (£14.10 per Hour)
- 130 Hour guaranteed monthly hours, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Housekeeping Manager, you will need:
- Duty management and Housekeeping team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard.
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training and implementation of process and audit
- Proven record of self initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
- Demonstrates collaboration with other departments
- Shows awareness of market trends and has the ability to implement new initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
- Understanding of systems to support driving results –Opera, Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of service optimization tool such as ‘Quore’ a plus
Do you have what it takes to be our Housekeeping Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.