Guest Experience Maker (GEM) * German speaking
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Maldives, Lhaviyani Atoll
Hotel: Kanuhura Maldives (DRVKH), Kanuhura, 07060
Job number: 117052
As Guest Experience Maker (GEM), I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and ensure full knowledge and active participation of all our brand initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Guest Experience Maker (GEM), I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation in the following:
- Check guest profiles and guest history prior to the guest arrival and be familiar with all the information.
- Notify concerned departments for guest arrival and ensure that they have the guests’ history and preferences information before the arrival.
- Coordinate with departments for transfer related requests and assist guests with transfers to and from the hotel if required.
- Prepare all arrival amenities such as welcome letter, champagne, shoe bag, cold towels and welcome drinks.
- Offer welcome drink and cold towel on arrival.
- Escort guests accordingly throughout the resort.
- Recommend, plan, schedule and make arrangement with guests for their preferred activities during the stay.
- Knowledge of fire & safety procedures and exits.
- Upsell all resort, spa, LIFE and restaurant facilities.
- Ensure all equipment of the department is kept clean and in good working condition.
- Upkeep Six Senses guidelines and standards of service and operation. My performance benchmarks are maintained and exceeded.
- Strictly adhere to LQA standards and guest comments.
To execute the position of Guest Experience Maker (GEM), I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year experience in a similar hotel operational setting. Hospitality diploma/degree from a recognized hospitality school is preferred.
- Technical skills include MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. I am also familiar with various hotel systems including POS, PMS and CRM platforms. I have excellent knowledge of guest related functions and guest service.
- Fluent in German and English; I understand that additional languages are preferred.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Guest Experience Maker (GEM) at Six Senses Kanuhura. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent to the position.
Six Senses Kanuhura is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.