Food & Beverage Manager - Hotel Indigo Naperville Riverwalk
Marca del hotel: Hotel Indigo
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Illinois, Naperville
Hotel: Indigo - Naperville Riverwalk (CHINS)
Job number: R186523
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
· Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
· Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
· Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
Manage the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
· Manage the day-to-day activities and assignments of food and beverage staff, ensure proper coverage, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff.
· Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
· Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and pilferage.
· Ensure that all food and beverage equipment, including but not limited to sinks, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
· May serve as Manager on Duty or assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 2 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Moving about the facilities
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling food, objects, products, and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.