Financial Reporting Manager
Marca del hotel:
Ubicación: Reino Unido, Inglaterra, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R185859
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of 16 brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza. More than 400,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries. IHG is a FTSE 100 company and listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire, UK.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering colleagues ‘Room to grow’.
Your day to day
As a member of the Global Financial Reporting team, the key duty is the preparation of the year end and interim consolidated financial statements of IHG. This is a technical role and the job holder will need to have a good working knowledge of IFRS as applied in a global organisation. Adherence to reporting deadlines is essential as is the ability to produce value-added commentaries and supporting documents for senior executives as required.
The role will also include financial reporting of Americas based subsidiaries and the preparation of annual statutory accounts. The job holder will ensure that the Group’s accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to. Close working relationships will be established with regional financial reporting teams, global process teams, Group Tax, Group Treasury, Company Secretariat and Investor Relations. The job holder will also need to liaise with the external auditors on a regular basis. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products will be required. Success is measured through the timely and accurate production of the Group’s year end and interim financial statements, as well as the annual financial statement filings of relevant subsidiary companies.
- To play a key role in the preparation of the year end and interim consolidated financial statements of IHG in accordance with agreed deadlines, including the provision of value-added commentaries and supporting schedules as required.
- Preparation of notes to the annual financial statements under IFRS, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury and Company Secretariat as appropriate.
- Co-ordination of submissions from regional financial reporting teams at quarter ends and year end.
- Review and understand quarterly submissions from regional financial reporting teams through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date knowledge of all matters related to IFRS and other relevant regulatory accounting requirements.
- Ensure that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
- To establish good working relationships with the external auditors and thereby help to facilitate a smooth audit process.
- Preparation of quarterly and year end HFM reporting information under IFRS for submission to the Group consolidation team in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Review and understand monthly trial balances extracted from PeopleSoft through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items.
- Preparation of financial statements under US GAAP of relevant subsidiary companies, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury and Company Secretariat.
- Facilitate the external audit of the Group reporting submissions and financial statements. Prepare or review work-papers for internal / external auditors.
- To assist in the maintenance of the IHG Group Finance Manual to ensure that policies comply with best practice.
- To assist the Director, Group Financial Reporting with the accounting for share-based payments.
- To carry out investigations and such other duties as may be required including ad hoc project work.
What we need from you
- ACA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years of post-qualification experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry.
- Experience of producing consolidated financial statements under IFRS essential.
- Exposure to the challenges of working in a global organisation
- Oracle HFM (or other consolidation software) experience an advantage.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS
- Proficiency in Oracle HFM and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organisation
- Flexible and able to respond to short deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advocate of strong internal control environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team
What we offer
We believe that we’ve got where we are today because of our people, so we want to reward you for your hard work and dedication.
IHG offers a strong benefits package alongside your salary; including worldwide hotel discounts, attractive and flexible working hours and a subsidised restaurant.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.