Director of Sales and Marketing InterContinental Budapest
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Hungary, Budapest, Budapest
Job number: EMEAA20909
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As Sales & Marketing Director you’ll develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel
- Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
- Provide guests with information to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related inquiry
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Marketing or related field
- 10 or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Knowledge and solid experience of budgeting, forecasting, P&L reports
- Strong leadership competencies such as drive results, champion change, leading and developing people, and think ahead
- Ability to travel frequently to represent the hotel, meet clients and attend fairs, meetings, etc.
- Fluent written and oral language skills in English and Hungarian is a must
- Other languages preferred
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.