Director of Front Office, InterContinental Boston
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Job number: R187266
Do you see yourself as a Director of Front Office?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms, in this role you will manage all aspects of the front office including: guest reception, bell and door services, and instant services (telephones) to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan, and assign work. Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on Forbes and brand service standards, operating systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Develop actions plans to correct any deficiencies.
- Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities, IHG Rewards Club enrollments, etc.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control labor costs & expenses, and maximize profitability within all areas of the front office. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy
- Establish, implement, and maintain training and procedures for Instant Service to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve “manager on duty” as required.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years Front Office/Guest Service management experience in a luxury setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling various objects
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training .
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.