Cocinero - Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp
Marca del hotel: Hotel Indigo
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, California, San Diego
Hotel: San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS), 509 9th Avenue, 92101
Número de trabajo: 111384
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and as importantly the food. As Cook / Commis Chef, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you’ll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest.
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimise waste.
- Tell your supervisor or duty manager about any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents.
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment.
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws.
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed.
- Give guests a better experience by helping with any queries or advice
- Wear your uniform with pride.
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling.
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
The hourly pay range for this role is $19.00 - $22.00. This is only applicable for jobs to be performed in San Diego, CA. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.