Commis 1 (Sushi) at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Emiratos Árabes Unidos, AE-FU, Fujairah
Job number: EMEAA01113
Your day to day
Support Chef de Partie to manage the operation of the Cold kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled. You will also in particular responsible for :
- Assisting the Chef de Partie in creating sushi menus that include a wide variety of fishes, vegetables, and sauces.
- Preparing different types of sushis like maki, nigiri and adding complementing flavors.
- Selecting fresh vegetables and fishes like salmon and tuna on a timely basis.
What we need from you
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary art.s
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a chef or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience in Japanese cuisine.
- Knowledge of traditional Japanese cuisine and sushi rolling techniques.
- Good knowledge of international culinary practices, menus, and offerings.
- Good level of written and verbal Business English.
- Preferably a candidate who is available in the UAE.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, and many more!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.