Chef de Partie * Asian & Western cuisine
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Maldives, Lhaviyani Atoll
Hotel: Kanuhura Maldives (DRVKH), Kanuhura, 07060
Job number: 117058
As Chef de Partie, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and ensure full knowledge and active participation of all our brand initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Chef de Partie, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation in the following:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules and guidelines.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assist in the control of the outlet operational budget, ensuring that all costs are strictly controlled maximizing profitability.
- Records guest complaints, requests and solutions and reports them to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Complete understanding of and adhere to the Six Senses’ policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Ensures all equipment and working area are kept clean and in good working condition.
- Upkeep Six Senses guidelines and standards of service and operation. My performance benchmarks are maintained and exceeded.
- Strictly adhere to LQA standards and guest comments.
To execute the position of Chef de Partie, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 2-4 years kitchen experience in a full-service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality diploma/degree from a recognized hospitality school is preferred.
- Knowledge of the use of broiler equipment and understanding of meat and fish cookery, proficient knife skills and understand farm to table concept.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Fluent in English;
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Chef de Partie at Six Senses Kanuhura, It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent to the position.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.