Busperson(part-time) InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf
Marca del hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicación: Estados Unidos, Distrito de Columbia, Washington
Hotel: InterContinental - Washington DC - The Wharf (WASHC)
Job number: R187010
InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. –The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Our convenient location means getting here and getting to center city has never been easier. InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf has immediate access to major roadways, is blocks away from public transit stops, and a short five miles away from the Reagan National Airport.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf.
Your day to day
- Perform set-up and closing side work assignments such as make coffee, fold napkins, etc. Stock service station or pantry with napkins, placemats, condiments, etc. May be required to transport linens to and from laundry.
- May routinely fill water glasses, serve non-alcoholic beverages, and assist servers by delivering items to guest tables.
- Clear, clean, and set tables according to established service standards.
- Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirror and floors of restaurant.
- Separate dirty china, glassware and silver and deliver to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to room service duties.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food, objects; bus tray/tub, plates, glasses, utensils, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest’s questions regarding the menu.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we need from you
Assist servers in providing fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests by clearing and setting tables and performing miscellaneous tasks.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans