room service server
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: InterContinental - Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH)
Job number: R189208
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling staff? As the friendly face of our hotel , you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
As part of your day to day duties you will:
- Complete guest payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures. Document legibly the guest’s order information on guest checks.
- May answer room service phones and record orders; utilize up-selling techniques to increase sales.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest’s room; set up and serve the order in the guest’s room according to specifications and standards.
- Describe all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Work within policy to accommodate guest’s special food requests.
- Performs set-up and closing side-work; stock service station, make coffee, etc. Preset trays as necessary; prepare flatware “roll-ups”.
- May be required to retrieve trays from guest rooms and hallways within prescribed time period.
May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills and food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will offer you a competitive benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans. IND