Wedding Sales Executive (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA36333
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
As our business and our teams continue to grow, we invite you to join our Sales and Events team as a Wedding Sales Executive (Full-time) at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel!
Your day to day
As Wedding Sales Executive you'll provide support to our Weddings, Meetings & Events services team to make sure all our client meetings and events run smoothly - acting as both brand ambassador and trusted partner. You'll support the services team by assisting in the following areas:
- Qualifying prospect event leads
- Preparing proposals and event orders
- General administration
- Managing purchase orders
- The preparation and execution of wedding and social events
You'll have the opportunity to take full ownership of managing the client journey from the point of enquiry to the day of the event. This role will allow you to develop your skills in a supportive environment and prepare you for a career in Weddings, Meetings & Events.
What we need from you
- Confidence in your communication skills and the ability to interact and build relationships with clients and colleagues
- A strong commitment to delivering a five-star experience
- Meticulous attention to detail, planning and execution
- Previous experience in a wedding coordination or event planner position
- To be a highly organised person who has a focus on detail and the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of all Microsoft applications, Opera and Delphi
- A team player attitude but the capability to work independently
- The ability to be adaptable when faced with pressurised situations
- Certification – NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Flexible work options to ensure balance and well being
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.