Location: United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R204173
Wotton House Hotel has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Wedding Coordinator
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
What’s in for you as a Wedding Coordinator (just in case you need more persuading)
- £13.09 per hour - based on a 40 hour week this equates to £27,235.00 per annum.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Reporting to the Head of Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events and Reservations, you will take responsibility for confirmed weddings and assist couples with planning their special day. Duties will include:
- Liaising with wedding couple and internal departments
- Hosting of menu tastings
- Liaison with suppliers
- Conducting Final Details appointments with the wedding couple
- Ensuring all wedding Bedroom blocks are correct.
- Prepare wedding stationery (place cards, table plan, floor plan, notice of marriage, etc)
- Follow up on and ensure settlement of scheduled payments
- Compiling accurate function sheets; distributing weekly
- Attend Function Sheet Meeting and communicate with all relevant departments.
- Actively consider prevention, recovery, and investigation of any complaints
- Meet & Greet on the wedding day, ensuring all charges are posted to the Pay Master Bill
- Follow up after the wedding and chase for payments of any outstanding amount (if there is any)
- Other administrative duties
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Wedding Coordinator (maternity cover) , then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.