Waiter/Waitress at InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Ras al Khaymah, Ra's al Khaymah
Hotel: InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa (RKTHA)
Job number: EMEAA24106
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa will comprise 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one side and a manmade waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites, and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner
- Be attentive to guest’s needs
- Prepare food and beverages for service to guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift
- Follow hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the Supervisor or Manager on duty
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints and use established guidelines for any service recovery to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work as team and communicate and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure excellent quality and service
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed
What we need from you
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Experience in Luxury or Five Star Hotel for minimum 1 year
- Being passionate about people and service
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.