Waiter/Waitress - Pierre's - InterContinental® Hotel Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777
Job number: 103456
Do you see yourself as a Waiter/Waitress for Pierre's at InterContinental Hotel® Dubai Festival City?
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
As a Waiter / Waitress you are responsible to provide professional service to our Guests, ensuring their restaurant visit will become a memorable dining experience.
- Perform all necessary tasks according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel.
- Greet customers and serve them in a professional & personalised way.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menus of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice and recommendations when required to guests.
- Consistently monitor quality of food being served.
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints / queries promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet & upkeep of plates, utensils, crockery and glassware quality.
- Responsible for accurate service preparations before, during & after the service (mis-en-place).
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage and correct recording when required.
- Maintain par levels through accurate inventory on a regular basis. Shortages communicated with management and stewarding.
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with all hotel procedures, rules, regulations and restaurant SOP’s and SOS
What we need from you
Below is a list minimum skills, knowledge and abilities required to competently perform the job including educational background and work experience and any legal qualifications. Preferred job specifications should not disqualify candidates without them from consideration for the role:
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Great communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a calm attitude when required
- Accommodating of different nationalities, religions, backgrounds and beliefs.
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Display empathy to guests and colleagues
- Work safely and in a manner that is mindful of the environment
- Assist and support colleagues in daily duties
- Assist with laundry and item collections from other departments
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.