Toro Toro Server (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 103985
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As a Toro Toro Server, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.