Toro Toro Food & Beverage Attendant (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 104704
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As a Toro Toro Food & Beverage Attendant, you will expedite food from kitchen to customer to ensure prompt service of meals to guests. Assist servers in providing fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests by clearing and setting tables and performing miscellaneous tasks. Attend food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the wait staff in the service of food in accordance with the established standards.
- Set up station in the kitchen.
- Deliver food from kitchen to guests table. Place food in proper position and announce food as it is placed in front of guest, if required.
- Maintain the orderly upkeep of coolers and storage areas.
- Maintain all assigned food production service areas in an orderly manner in compliance with sanitation and health regulations.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant in all areas.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Guest Services.
- May assist with other duties as needed, such as welcoming, greeting and seating guests, counting and exchanging soiled linen, polishing glassware or silverware, and room Service duties.
- Clear, clean, and set tables according to established service standards.
- Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirror and floors of restaurant.
- Separate dirty china, glassware and silver and deliver to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform set-up and closing side work assignments such as make coffee, fold napkins, etc. Stock service station or pantry with napkins, placemats, condiments, etc. May be required to transport linens to and from laundry.
- May routinely fill water glasses, serve non-alcoholic beverages, and assist servers by delivering items to guest tables.
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the buffet areas.
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
- Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
- Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles and clear tables as required.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
- May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
What we need from you:
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation and food service experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen, cafeteria and outlet or other designated areas
- Handling food, objects; products, bus tray/tub, plates, glasses, chemicals, cleaning supplies utensils, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, supervisors, wait staff and cooks.
- Communicating with other people, listening and following up on basic guest requests
- Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest’s questions regarding the menu.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently when performing room service duties.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.