The Regent Hong Kong - Executive Chef
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job number: HOTEL47939
Regent Hotels & Resorts set the benchmark for luxury hotels when it was founded 40 years ago. The combined legacy of Regent Hotels & Resorts and the expertise and vision of IHG we are redefining what it means to be a luxury hotel with the rebirth of the Regent and what it stands for in todays world of Luxury. With a clear expectation of what it means to deliver a phenomenal experience to luxury guests, Regent will regain its stature as a leading luxury Hotel brand as it exceeds the expectations of today’s luxury traveler.
The Regent will be reborn with the re-opening of the flagship Regent Hong Kong in early 2022.
Location: Regent Hong Kong, a landmark destination with unrivalled Harborview - all of Hong Kong is literally at your feet.
Scale of operation: 503 rooms and Suites, The Regent Club, Harborside Restaurant & The Steakhouse Bar & Grill, The Lobby Lounge, the world famous NOBU restaurant and the addition of a very new exciting F&B offering! For Conferencing and meeting guests, the Regent Ballroom remains one of Hong Kong’s largest pillarless venues, whilst our Harborview Meeting Rooms set the scene for amazing meetings and functions rooms. The hotel features an Oasis Swimming Pool & Deck with a world class Fitness Centre and Spa.
Your day to day
As Executive Chef, you’ll lead the culinary departments to ensure operational efficiency, driving quality standards, whilst ensuring a high level of staff engagement.
- Be responsible for leading all the culinary departments to ensure operational efficiency, maximize profits and enforce quality standards, as well as maintenance of high level of staff engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Create and develop menus and recipes
- Ensure the quality of food & beverages provided in all restaurants and bars are consistent and meet the hotel standard while exceed guest satisfaction
- Lead all menu planning and theme events design to generate business and profit
- Enforce the implementation of food safety programs throughout the entire division
- Enforce talent management initiatives to develop a team of culinary professionals
- Maintain a reliable working relationship with internal business partners and external stakeholder to achieve business goals
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in hospitality or Food & Beverage industry
- Luxury Hotel background preferred
- Strict controls on HACCP procedures
- Drive for revenue and profit growth
- Has a passion for Culinary
- Enjoy being creative, prefer to think outside of the box
- Displays curiosity and takes time to learn and understand new culinary trends