The Regent Hong Kong - Director of Sales & Marketing
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job number: HOTEL47935
Regent Hotels & Resorts set the benchmark for luxury hotels when it was founded 40 years ago. The combined legacy of Regent Hotels & Resorts and the expertise and vision of IHG we are redefining what it means to be a luxury hotel with the rebirth of the Regent and what it stands for in todays world of Luxury. With a clear expectation of what it means to deliver a phenomenal experience to luxury guests, Regent will regain its stature as a leading luxury Hotel brand as it exceeds the expectations of today’s luxury traveler.
The Regent will be reborn with the re-opening of the flagship Regent Hong Kong in early 2022.
Location: Regent Hong Kong, a landmark destination with unrivalled Harborview - all of Hong Kong is literally at your feet.
Scale of operation: 503 rooms and Suites, The Regent Club, Harborside Restaurant & The Steakhouse Bar & Grill, The Lobby Lounge, the world famous NOBU restaurant and the addition of a very new exciting F&B offering! For Conferencing and meeting guests, the Regent Ballroom remains one of Hong Kong’s largest pillarless venues, whilst our Harborview Meeting Rooms set the scene for amazing meetings and functions rooms. The hotel features an Oasis Swimming Pool & Deck with a world class Fitness Centre and Spa.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
· Produce the Annual Revenue Plan, Marketing Budgets and Forecasts
· Produce Action Plan related to the Revenue Plan to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved
· Provides a professional, advisory support service to the General Manager
· Coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, publicity, community relations, special sales projects, etc.
· Create and implement special programs to achieve greater profitability
· Enhance the image of the hotel in the local community
· Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & beverage sales within the community, including, but limited to, tournaments, balls, parties, gastronomic festivities, etc.
· Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
· Review regularly the Public Relations activities to ensure high awareness of the hotel in the local and national media
· Oversee the development of new marketing strategies
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
Required Skills –
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
· 4 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.