The Regent Hong Kong - Director of Human Resources
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job number: HOTEL47936
Regent Hotels & Resorts set the benchmark for luxury hotels when it was founded 40 years ago. The combined legacy of Regent Hotels & Resorts and the expertise and vision of IHG we are redefining what it means to be a luxury hotel with the rebirth of the Regent and what it stands for in todays world of Luxury. With a clear expectation of what it means to deliver a phenomenal experience to luxury guests, Regent will regain its stature as a leading luxury Hotel brand as it exceeds the expectations of today’s luxury traveler.
The Regent will be reborn with the re-opening of the flagship Regent Hong Kong in early 2022.
Location: Regent Hong Kong, a landmark destination with unrivalled Harborview - all of Hong Kong is literally at your feet.
Scale of operation: 503 rooms and Suites, The Regent Club, Harborside Restaurant & The Steakhouse Bar & Grill, The Lobby Lounge, the world famous NOBU restaurant and the addition of a very new exciting F&B offering! For Conferencing and meeting guests, the Regent Ballroom remains one of Hong Kong’s largest pillarless venues, whilst our Harborview Meeting Rooms set the scene for amazing meetings and functions rooms. The hotel features an Oasis Swimming Pool & Deck with a world class Fitness Centre and Spa.
Your day to day
As Human Resources Director, you’ll drive HR and initiatives such as hiring, benefits, employee relations and training programmes, to ensure compliance for hotel team members. You’ll also promote a positive team culture whilst ensuring colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. You'll also coach the General Manager and leadership team on all people-related issues.
- Oversee recruitment, learning & development and all other human resources related functions
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness to retain top talent
- Function as a strategic, human capital business advisor to the senior management team
- Drive a high-performing and motivated workforce
- Proactively alerts General Manager and the Executive Committee on potential employee relation issues and addresses them in a timely manner
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization
- Demonstrate key competencies and values
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in human resources or management
- Minimum 10 years of professional HR experience, ideally from a services-oriented business, with a combination of corporate and business unit line experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Luxury Hotel background preferred
- With certain knowledge of local labor laws and extensive experience in industrial relations
- Has good communication and people management skills; Communicates and writes with fluency in English (as well as the local language)
- Has solid understanding of human resources processes and procedures
- Able to communicate priorities and drives business results