Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R195907
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most recognisable hospitality groups in the world with a family of 17 brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza amongst many others. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries. We are a FTSE 100 company and are proudly listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
A new, and rare, opportunity has arisen for a qualified Tax Manager to join our Global Finance team, based in Branston, Burton-on-Trent.
You will quickly become a pivotal member of our current high performing team, with an emphasis on MEA/UK Corporate Tax. You will be tasked with providing expert advice on a timely basis to the wider business, and in respect of internal and business-driven projects, both domestic and international.
One of your main duties will be to ensure that IHG’s UK and EMEA companies comply with all aspects of relevant corporate taxation legislation and that their tax affairs are up to date as well as supporting Tax Directors in respect of assigned areas of quarterly and annual tax reporting.
This is a dynamic core role, and you will be joining us during one of our busiest periods, requiring you to hit the ground running. You will be confident at managing senior stakeholder relationships as well as escalating issues when required but also able to roll your sleeves up and be hands on.
- Oversee the preparation of UK corporation tax computations prepared by external advisors, ensuring that the tax liabilities are minimised wherever possible whilst complying with the current tax law
- Taking necessary action regarding assessments, payments, and negotiations with HMRC on contentious matters
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place and operated correctly to comply with requirements of UK Senior Accounting Officer legislation
- Ensuring that assigned UK tax technical areas are appropriately managed and correctly reflected within UK computations, including the retention of sufficient documentary support and analysis.
- Monitor the status of tax compliance, including audits and enquiries, in assigned EMEA regions, providing guidance as required to the business and/or external advisers to ensure that tax liabilities are minimised wherever possible whilst complying with the current tax law.
- Managing the preparation of actual and forecast tax reporting information.
- Year-end reporting includes managing and/or reviewing the submission of tax data using the Longview Tax Reporting system.
- Provision, on a timely basis, of support and advice to assigned regions within the EMEA Business.
- Managing transfer pricing related compliance in assigned territories, including functional analysis and preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Undertaking, under the supervision of Tax Directors, a wide variety of reorganisation and tax restructuring projects arising from both corporate activity in general (e.g. acquisitions) and internally generated projects (e.g. debt financing).
What we need from you
- Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Adviser
- 3+ year (including 2+ years in a corporate tax role) in a major accounting firm or large corporate
- Strong UK corporation tax knowledge, together with some previous exposure to international tax issues.
- Strong communication skills based on emotional intelligence
- Expert verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively across varying levels of a global organisation
What we offer
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a more hybrid way, blending remote and office working, please factor in your personal commute. We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts. As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date: 5th December 2021