Talent & Development Manager
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Laos, Vientiane
Hotel: Vientiane (VTECP), 20 Samsenthai Road, Nongduang Nua Village, 01000
Job number: 117221
- Analyze training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies that address needs, presenting in the form of a Training Business Plan for General Manager and Executive Committee for review
- Ensure effective training programs are in place including but not limited to New Employee Orientation; Train the Trainer; Customer Service Training; Technical job specific training (through certification of departmental standards and procedures)
- Design, produce and implement training programs that meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective
- Attend departmental training sessions and assess the performance
- Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assessing performance
- Prepare and monitor training programs
- Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programs for advanced or specialist training
- Ensure that Department Heads abide by their responsibilities of employee training against departmental SOPs
- Produce monthly training reports
- Anticipated return on investment and/or training goal
- Liaise with other IHG Training Managers to share experiences and resources
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses
- Delivers briefings of all internal programs to executive management and department heads
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions to Line Managers in line with company guidelines
- Regularly communicates with employees and maintains good relations
- Analyse company statistics from Guest & Employee surveys, business financial results, etc to measure the success of training programs
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Familiarize yourself with the IHG HR and Training Standards, localizing where necessary
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department to ensure that the training objectives are being achieved
- Maintains all hotel training records
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals, and audio-visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for employees' personal development
- Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials
- Perform other duties as assigned, including day-to-day workflow in the HR Department, ad-hoc HR projects, and all HR initiatives
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us at Crowne Plaza Vientiane, and you’ll become part of our ever-growing IHG family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Please send your update cv to: email@example.com
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interview appointment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.