Supervisor Restaurant - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: Indigo - San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS)
Job number: R187934
Get to Know San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
People come to San Diego for all sorts of reasons, but while they're here, it's our job to make them love every minute of their stay. The Gaslamp Quarter offers plenty to see and do, from quirky shops and eateries to exciting nightlife. You need not venture far to see the best — in fact, at our popular Level 9 Rooftop Bar, people enjoy cocktails and conversation while overlooking the San Diego skyline.
The Pet Friendliest Accommodations in San Diego
Whether your companion is a pampered pooch or a stick-fetching sidekick, we are ready to welcome you both to the Gaslamp Quarter! Our town is renowned for its pet-friendly atmosphere ever since the early beginnings with adored town mascot, Bum the Dog.
Opened July 13, 2009, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp showcases many of the historic stories behind our neighborhood. From pet-friendly hospitality inspired by Bum the Dog, to our contemporary refreshed style to reflect New Town architecture and vibes. Each of the 210 rooms reflects our neighborhood story.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
We live, work and play in the local neighborhoods that we call home. We combine stylish, vibrant & modern design of a boutique hotel with personal, unique & attentive service. We want you to bring your unique self to the workplace as we deliver a refreshingly local service to our guests.
Your day to day
- Oversee cash handling and check/credit policies and procedures.
- Train and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Monitor performance and recommend corrective action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond in a prompt and professional manner to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely greet guests, serve food and beverage, and take reservations and maintain reservations book if applicable.
- Inspect restaurant daily to ensure high quality food and food presentation and cleanliness.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events. Review daily specials.
- Ensure side work duties are complete and tables are set before, during and after operating hours.
Perform other duties as assigned
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and one year food service experience in a full service restaurant or similar setting. Some college or supervisory experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds or more
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling food objects and products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with customers and employees
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, scheduling, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
Must be available to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
We have a diverse workforce, celebrating difference, while working better together. Competitive benefit packages are available which may include Medical/Dental/Vision/401K /Paid time off and more so come join our team!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.