Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R190799
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Marketing strategy team works across the brand portfolio and delivery functions of the global Marketing organization to drive key business decisions against the highest impact areas, informing portfolio and organization strategy. As a member of the global Marketing strategy team, you will work closely with members of the Strategy team and the larger Brand and Marketing organization to deliver insightful and company-leading analyses of IHG, markets, and competitors required to evolve and drive execution of IHG’s global marketing strategy. The Marketing Strategy Manager will use rigorous analytical and financial modeling skills to construct frameworks and business models to support the creation of shorter and longer range plans, analyze key issues facing the company and its brands, and recommend answers to complex business questions that enable long-term revenue and profit growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Enable strategy team members and project leaders to deliver the highest value customer growth initiatives by providing analytical support, problem insight, and driving key deliverables.
- Build/maintain appropriate financial, market, industry, and consumer models to support planning and analysis work.
- Provide leadership for workstreams within larger strategy projects. Assist or lead on multiple work streams within complex projects all the way from project structuring to implementation planning, effectively navigating a complex multi-region, multi-function matrix organization.
- Build key relationships with colleagues in other departments and collaborate on data analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Assist Director and Vice President of Marketing Strategy with annual business planning process and tracking of performance metrics to deliver base plan and key growth initiatives.
- Develop presentations to support strategy discussions at Leadership Committee, project steering committees, and occasionally Board of Directors meetings.
- Maintain/integrate/leverage current information sources of competitor intelligence and industry trends, including ongoing analysis leading to new insights for senior management.
- Identify and capture key regional challenges and opportunities across portfolio of brands based on consumer insights, brand health tracking, competitive intelligence, market developments.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Strategy, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA preferred.
Likely to be 2-4 years in progressive work experience in strategy, consultancy, or 6-8 years corporate level experience with exposure to a broad range of strategy issues. Previous travel industry experience is desirable but not required. Previous leisure/hospitality, franchise industry, or brand strategy experience is desirable but not required.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues with impact to the business, to analyze data and forecast future business trends, and to develop strategic plans and solutions based on business needs and assessments.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking through a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight/conclusions.
- Strong financial modeling (DCF, NPV, accounting) / analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organization to develop consensus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to build relationships across business units for collaboration, data requests, and joint analysis.
- High degree of accountability and personal responsibility.
- Interest in longer-term career progression within strategy team and within broader IHG.
- Able to gain credibility with executives and senior managers in the organization.
- Ability to work in global function with “virtual” network of members in Singapore and London.
- Results oriented.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.