Stewarding Team Leader (Part-time | Full-time) - Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Lovedale
Hotel: Hunter Valley (NTLHV), 430 Wine Country Drive, 2325
Job number: 106283
About the role
Join us at the award-winning Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, Regional NSW, more specifically the Hunter Valley, is less than 2 hours drive north of Sydney, and 40 minutes from Newcastle (which has some of the most amazing beaches in NSW) is one of the hottest destinations for travel & conferencing right now.
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is home to the biggest regional conference & event centres in NSW.
We are currently seeking Stewarding Team Leaders to join & lead our team in an energetic and fast paced environment...
A little taste of your day to day:
As Stewarding Team Leader, you’ll assist the Chief Steward with supervising the day-to-day stewarding operations within the multi-faceted kitchens in our Resort. You will assist with coordinating the activities of all stewards and perform stewarding tasks to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth departmental operation.
- Maximise employee productivity and morale, and consistently maintain discipline following Resort guidelines and Food Safety legislations.
- Motivate all stewarding staff to perform their duties by demonstrating professionalism, organisational ability and sound management and leadership skills.
- Ensure all staff adhere to grooming and presentation standards.
- Assist the Chief Steward with monthly operating equipment inventories to establish stock and re-order requirements to ensure par stocks are maintained.
- Ensure all work areas operate within health and safety standards and that personnel are instructed in correct procedures to meet these requirements.
- Instigate maintenance requests as needed and check on completion.
- Report all accident and health and safety hazards to the appropriate areas
What we need from you
- Being passionate about people and service
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with departments and colleagues.
- Ability to comply to local HACCP regulations
- Reading and writing abilities are used when working through rosters and the IHG performance cycle
- Basic math skills are frequently used when managing rostering
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
- You must have the rights to work in Australia - no sponsorship will be offered
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further!
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.